Welcome. This blogsite is a place to share and extend the learning that is happening in Rm 22. It is a place for the sharing of student work, links to sites that might help you with your homework or build on things we discuss at school. There is a message board where you can communicate with the rest of the class: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/banksaveroom22. Enjoy exploring the site and e-mail me anything you would like to share on the blog:-) Ms Watson

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sawatdee from Thailand

Hi Room 22,
I hope that you are all enjoying the holidays. I hear that it has been VERY snowy in Christchurch! Did you build snow people or go tobogganing?
It's incredibly hot here in Thailand and therefore it's hard to imagine it being snowy back in Chch!
I have spent most of my time in Mae Salong which is a small town up in the highlands of Northern Thailand near the border with Burma.

I spent 2 days helping in a small village - I helped build part of a school (I now know how to mix and use cement to build walls) and I played with some of the village children and taught the wee ones how to kick and catch a ball. I hope that I might be able to return to the village once the school is up and running and do some teaching during NZ school holidays.

I am now in Bangkok which is a HUGE and BUSY city. I went to a shopping mall yesterday which was like 1000 Riccarton or Northlands malls put together - it was pretty crazy but there were lots of good bargains:-)
Enjoy your last few days of the holidays - I hope that you have been able to read lots of books - I have read 4 while on holiday and need to find a couple more for my 19 hour journey back to NZ tonight/tomorrow.
I look forward to seeing you all on Monday - bring some photos or interesting things from your holiday to share with the class.
Ms Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment