Welcome. This blogsite is a place to share and extend the learning that is happening in Rm 22. It is a place for the sharing of student work, links to sites that might help you with your homework or build on things we discuss at school. There is a message board where you can communicate with the rest of the class: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/banksaveroom22. Enjoy exploring the site and e-mail me anything you would like to share on the blog:-) Ms Watson

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summarising - helpful for your Inquiry research

I know that some of you find it really tricky when you find a book or a website on your topic, but then you realise that you can't copy everything out - you need to sk yourself the following questions:
- What is this article about?
- What are the main points/ideas in this article?
- What examples does the author use to support these main ideas?

When I summarise I often use a highlighter or underlining to identify the main points so that I can easily find them once I have finished reading it.

Use one of these graphic organisers below to summarise your article:



No comments:

Post a Comment