Welcome. This blogsite is a place to share and extend the learning that is happening in Rm 22. It is a place for the sharing of student work, links to sites that might help you with your homework or build on things we discuss at school. There is a message board where you can communicate with the rest of the class: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/banksaveroom22. Enjoy exploring the site and e-mail me anything you would like to share on the blog:-) Ms Watson

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Scintillating Sentences

In room 22 we've been learning to make sentences more interesting. First we got a sentence like 'Mum drove the car' and asked ourselves 'how could we get this more interesting?' and kept changing the sentence until we got to 'Mum raced the 4 wheel drive way faster than the speed limit which was 50 because she was 30 minutes late for work.'

Here is another example:
I went to bed.
I jumped into bed.
I leaped into bed.
I leaped into my nice, cozy warm bed.
I leaped into my nice warm cozy feather bed because I was tired.
I leaped into my nice warm cozy feather bed because I was too tired to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment