Welcome. This blogsite is a place to share and extend the learning that is happening in Rm 22. It is a place for the sharing of student work, links to sites that might help you with your homework or build on things we discuss at school. There is a message board where you can communicate with the rest of the class: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/banksaveroom22. Enjoy exploring the site and e-mail me anything you would like to share on the blog:-) Ms Watson

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Winter Outdoors Competition


Millie has already started working on her part of our entry for the skiing and snowboarding competition. Here are a couple of poems that she has written. I love the imagery that she uses - I feel like I could close my eyes and imaging being inside her poem - the smells, the sounds, the feel of the place and the animals. I hope that you enjoy them too!

Willow

Out playing with Willow
With just a silent chill
As her tail flicks here then there
As her hooves stomp
I often think of running away
But I know there is no reason to be afraid
And I often think what will I do when she’s gone
Because I know one day she will no longer be there.


What I think

As I first step out
I feel cold and wet from the earth below
But when I reach Willow her breath soon warms me up
Then the first rays of sun start to appear
And then I bring out some food
As her tongue stars to wind
All that is left is just a slobbery wet feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment